Over the last few years Kinky Salon has been our social experiment in creating safe, participatory, sex positive community. Apparently it has been a success, as people seem to love what we do and have transformative experiences here. As a result we have decided to host a series of classes explaining our methodologies and making it easy for people to host their own mini version of Kinky Salon in their own home. Naturally, we are calling these classes KINKY SALON BOOTY CAMP. Below is the invitation and the outline of the curriculum.
How to throw your own arty, sexy party and change the world doing it.
Have you ever wondered why the frisky, fun vibe at Kinky Salon is so welcoming? At first were you scared to come, and then surprised by how easy it felt when you got here? Have you experimented in ways that you never thought you would because you felt so comfortable? Do you want to be a Rockstar sexy party host and produce an event for you and your friends that recreates that vibe at Kinky Salon?
The fact is that the formula that Kinky Salon is based on is not dependent on the location, the hosts or the scale of the event. With a few simple instructions and the right attitude, you can create your own mini-version of Kinky Salon in the comfort of your own home (or space shuttle or tree house).
That’s right, folks, it ain’t rocket science!
In this series of fun afternoons you will not only discover how we have mastered the art of creating a fabulous, creative, sex-positive space for our friends to play in, but you will also learn how to Do It Yourself (hence the name of the course).
There will be guest speakers and presenters who are experts in their field
Classes take place from 12-4pm on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month
You can purchase them individually at $100- $150 sliding scale each
Alternatively, you can purchase the comprehensive course for $600- $900 sliding scale
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL Buy the comprehensive course before April 1st for just $450! Contact us ASAP for details of this amazing deal!
All these payment options include entrance to Kinky Salon the evening of the class.
The course will repeat in the future, so you will get a chance to catch up and don’t have to do it all in one go.
If all 7 classes are completed, you’ll be qualified to create your own DIY Kinky Salon!
PRE REGISTER NOW
Saturday May 9th
Sex positive culture
- This history of Kinky Salon and the communities that preceded it
- The terms and the language of sex positive community, including what they mean to you.
- Navigating sex positive space gracefully.
- Sexual energy and how it affects a space. The power of Kundalini and it’s before and after effects.
- The importance of tolerance and diversity.
- SAFE SEX!
Saturday May 23rd
The Theme, Costumes and Invitation
- Creating a narrative for people to interact with
- The importance of the dress code, the hidden significance behind costuming
- The value of getting out of everyday street wear.
- Thinking up top notch themes and crafting compelling, witty invitations.
- The art of invitation
- Creating costumes on a budget
- Creating décor on a budget
Saturday June 13th
The Charter, and creating a safe environment
- Why the charter exists and why it’s important
- The history of the Charter and how it was created
- Reviewing the Basics of the Charter
- The importance of Hosts and their role in introducing the Charter
- The history of the PAL system and how it works to create safety
- How to deal with the lurker factor and where to draw the line with voyeurism
Saturday June 27th
Building a Participation Based Community
- The importance of using volunteers and having a participation based model
- Finding volunteers and creating an invitation that makes people want to participate
- Signing them up for tasks and the logistics of getting all the tasks filled
- Who to pick for which task
- An in depth description of each task, including tips and potential pitfalls
- Tips on being a good leader and how to create a positive experience for your volunteers
Saturday July 11th
- Volunteer Training and Advanced Hosting
- Training your volunteers and creating a great support team
- Tips and tricks for being the happy host
- Checking in and getting your needs filled
- Being conscious and attentive to the party, while still having fun!
Saturday July 25th
Creating the environment- transforming your home into a Salon
- – The importance of the right lighting and decor
- – What music to play and how to change the mood with sound
- – Creating multiple zones for different areas
- – How to create clean, inviting, cozy playspaces
- – Practical safety tips
- – The Cabaret, why it’s important and how it’s done
Saturday August 8th
- Maintaining the community
- How to give friendly feedback
- Giving thanks to volunteers and performers
- The importance of a pre-party check in with your volunteers
- Receiving feedback from your volunteers and your guests
- Creating and moderating an online group for your guests to connect outside the party
- Additional outings and activities outside the party
- Volunteer appreciation- a special event just for volunteers
- When and how to kick people out
- When to be firm and when to be flexible, dealing with conflict without creating drama